Jeff Kahne, PhDJeff is a results-oriented advisor with extensive experience in all areas of organizational transformation and process innovation. He has demonstrated expertise in Six Sigma, Design, Lean, change management and reengineering, in addition to strategic and performance planning.
He has successfully deployed process improvement and design initiatives in global logistics/distribution, chemical, financial services, semiconductor, healthcare, industrial automation, medical, manufacturing, industrial sanitation, and service companies ranging from $40 million to $400 billion in annual revenue.
Prior to joining Firefly Consulting, Jeff served as a Business Architect leading process improvement within USAA, a Fortune 500 insurance company. He led process management and improvement initiatives for the company’s claims and sales processes, identifying over $50M in savings. Jeff is a 20-year veteran of the United States Air Force. He redesigned Air Force strategic planning models for Army, Navy, Air Force, and Marine use and led Joint, Department of Defense, Nuclear Weapons Inspections agency, Combat Operations units, Intelligence Agencies, through data centric and team based strategic planning efforts.
Publications and Insights
- “Evolution of Leadership Theories,” Speaker, ASQ webinar series, July 2017
- Innovating Lean Six Sigma, Contributing author, McGraw-Hill, 2016
- “From Jets to Janitors: Using LSS in Defense Presentation,” Speaker, Lean Six Sigma World Conference, 2015
- “Innovation and the Wisdom of Crowds,” Speaker, ASQ World Conference, 2015
- “Improving OEE Through Creation of Get Organized,” Speaker, International Maintenance Conference, 2011
- “Using Six Sigma in a Global Supply Chain," Speaker, Fudan University, Shanghai China, 2004
Our Lady of the Lake University
PhD Leadership Studies
MBA Electronic Commerce
BS Management of Information Systems
Certified Master Black Belt