Lisa Custer, PhDLisa brings decades of global experience in designing and implementing continuous improvement programs based on multiple methodologies – Lean Six Sigma, Design, Total Productive Maintenance, Lean, and Quality Systems. She has worked with numerous clients to drive program success and brings considerable insight to building sustainable improvement cultures.
Comfortably working closely with senior leaders and front-line staff, Lisa partners with clients to drive significant results in support of corporate objectives. She has served numerous organizations in the design and implementation of operational improvement initiatives that increase customer satisfaction, deliver significant financial benefits, and build capability in their associates.
Lisa is a frequently invited speaker at major industry gatherings as an expert in Six Sigma, Lean, and Design for Lean Six Sigma. She has used that expertise to train and mentor over 1500 senior leaders, Black Belts, Green Belts and Kaizen Leaders around the world.
Publications and Insights
- Design and Analysis of Experiments: Solutions Manual, 9th Edition, Author, John Wiley & Sons, 2017
- “Customer Journey Map - Visualizing the Voice of the Customer,” Speaker, ASQ Lean Six Sigma Conference, 2017
- Innovating Lean Six Sigma, Contributing author, McGraw-Hill, 2016
- “Wine by Design,” Speaker, Minitab Conference, 2016
- “Measuring Lean Six Sigma Deployment: Progress and Success,” Author, Quality Management Forum, 2015
- The Lean Six Sigma Guide to Doing More with Less, Contributing author, John Wiley and Sons, 2010
Arizona State University
PhD, MSE Industrial Engineering
Georgia Institute of Technology
BME Mechanical Engineering
Certified Master Black Belt
American Society for Quality
Management, Lean and Innovation Divisions
American Statistical Association
Past Secretary, Quality and Productivity Division
Total Productive Maintenance
JIPM Certified TPM Instructor
Arizona Governor’s Award for Quality
Auditor, based on Malcolm Baldridge criteria